New to West Hill Baseball League for the 2023 season is the Rally Cap program. Rally Cap is designed for T-Ball and Blastball participants, their coaches, and parents. Three teams convene to share playing time, with two teams playing while the third practices. Teams rotate after each inning. The program offers complete lesson plans and initiation drills that are a bonus for coaches and parents new to the game.
What is Rally Cap?
The Rally Cap Program is an initiative to enhance players' and coaches' first experience with the game of baseball! The program helps teach players the five FUNdamentals of baseball (Fundamental movement skills, throwing, receiving, hitting, base running) in a fun and safe environment. Players have the opportunity to learn, acquire and perform different baseball skills in order to progress through the different levels of the program.
1. Create a fun environment in which children and adults are actively engaged together in the game of baseball.
2. Develop fundamental motor skills, teach baseball skills, and basic rules to our athletes.
3. Experience success with an emphasis on respect and fair play.
4. Promote increased self-esteem among Rally Cap participants.
5. Recruit new coaches, parent helpers and volunteers.
Rally Cap Drills (YouTube Playlist)
Rally Cap Coaches Manual (PDF)
For more information and videos please visit https://www.baseball.ca/rally-cap-initiation-program